PRIVATE VOICE LESSONS
(Due to COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines, ALL lesson are offered ONLINE)
Clients in this division are either working professionals in the entertainment industry; or are enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a performance conservatory or university. (General age range 15+. However, exceptions are made for younger students on a professional performance career path).
Clients in this division may also be highly committed avocational adult singers looking to advance their vocal and performance techniques for non-professional reasons.
In order to meet the artistic and financial needs of each client during the pandemic, fees may be individualized on an “as-needs” basis. Please email David for details. We are all in this together.
The Advanced Professional designation is reserved for clients who meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Currently Performing in an AEA Union Production (Broadway, National Tour, Regional, etc.)
- Earn their living exclusively in performance (Musical Theater or Classical Stage, Concert, Recording, Film, TV, etc.)
- Have one or more performance awards (TONY, GRAMMY, AMA, CMA, MTV, EMMY, OSCAR, etc.)
- Is signed to a record label, or working with a production company, who is responsible for the cost of training.
- 24/7 access – On call 24/7 in all time zones for Advanced Professional singers.
- BUMP – Advanced Professional clients may schedule an appointment in ANY hour of the schedule. If necessary I will “bump” another client to another time-slot, in order accommodate the intricacies of an Adv Pro performance or rehearsal schedule.
- On Site Assessment and/or Coaching – I am available to travel as needed to support Adv Pro clients.
Payments for Advanced Professional Division Clients are processed and/or invoiced on an individual basis. No payment button for this division exists on the website.
Every Wednesday and Friday, lessons will be taught at Studios 353 – located at 353 W. 48th Street
Due to COVID-19, ALL lessons are offered online
Internet and VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) technology, as well as webcam and USB microphone hardware, have made significant improvements in recent years, making it now completely possible to have a professional voice lesson online, from a remote location no matter where you live or where your professional engagements may take you.
Currently, due to COVID-19, 100% of clients telecommute to lessons from across town or across the country, throughout the United States, Canada, China, and Europe. Varying time zones allow us to work at the time that is most convenient for YOU! I am available for online lessons during any of the normal studio hours and additionally at various times (AM/PM US EST), depending on your time zone and preference. If you don’t see an available time that fits in your time zone please email David with your preference.
My Studio is fully equipped with:
- High Definition Video Camera
- Professional grade USB High Frequency Condenser Microphone
- Bose Speakers and or Beats Headset for optimum clarity
Touring in a show, can’t commute to NYC? Try an Online lesson!
- A webcam and microphone (either external or built into your computer). If you have a MAC computer you may not need any other equipment. ALL MAC computers (and newer PC’s) come equipped with high def webcams and high frequency response microphones, which make the clarity spectacular. However…
- If you want to upgrade your webcam the Logitec HD Pro is a very good low cost model.
- A high speed internet connection and an online video program (Zoom, FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts, or VoiceLessons.com)
Please be advised that the quality of the live online experience is only as good as the hardware used to deliver it. The better your mic and speakers, the better your experience will be. Please take a few moments to watch the video video testimonials and excerpt of an online lesson with Bridget.
As President of the New York Singing Teachers’ Association, (2008-2014) David Sabella has taught various master-classes and teacher trainings throughout the United States at various chapters of the National Association of Teachers of Singing and internationally, online, through the New York Singing Teachers’ Association Professional Development Program. The master-classes and teacher trainings vary in length from 1 hour to 7 hours. The all day workshop includes a live 2.5 hour vocal master-class. Additionally, all master-classes include PowerPoint and Mp3 resources.
- Singer’s Developmental Repertoire (Teacher training offered On Demand online via www.NYST.org – 2-5 hrs)
- Comparative Pedagogy 2010 (Teacher training offered On Demand online via www.NYST.org – 2 hrs)
- Broadway 4.0 – An analysis of Priciples and Practices used on Broadway Today (All Day Live Workshop – 7 hrs)
- Beyond Belt – Acoustics and Mechanics of the Contemporary Belt (Mini Workshop – 1 hr without Masterclass, 3 hrs with Master-class)
In addition to these master-classes and teacher trainings SVS also offers seasonal workshops to help the aspiring artist hone their craft in the areas of Acting and Dance. These workshops are offered on an “as needed” basis. Please call to register your interest in our next series.
Musical Theater Audition/Performance Workshop
This 6 week class focuses on finding appropriate audition repertoire for each singer and honing their craft for both audition and performance. The class ends with a open audition for a professional casting agent and/or stage director. This class runs for 7 weeks (6 weeks of class, 7th week audition). $450.00 for 7 weeks, Pianist Provided. Maximum enrollment 10 Students. Call David Sabella at 917.374.5868 to inquire about or register for this class.
Additional performance and business related classes offered through www.cabarethotspot.com.