Sabella Voice Studio
“A leader in online delivery of voice lessons since 2007“
“The more I encounter other voice teachers, the more I realize what an exceptionally gifted instructor you are.” – Eleanor England
(ALL lessons and workshops are offered both LIVE & In Person, and ONLINE, as needed)
David Sabella has been a leader in the delivery of online lessons since 2007. During the pandemic of 2020, he was called upon by the National Association of Teachers of Singing to conduct online workshops and master classes, helping thousands of teachers across the US learn how to deliver online lessons efficiently and effectively.
Most recently (since the pandemic of 2020), “peer to peer” Internet technologies have made significant improvements, making it completely possible to have a professional voice lesson LIVE online (in real-time and in synch) from a remote location, no matter where you live or where your professional engagements may take you.
Whether across town or across the globe, students experience a seamless and synchronous voice lesson using a combination of advanced yet simple-to-use technologies.
What you need for online lessons
A COMPUTER: with WiFi or Ethernet access (Ethernet best).
A Webcam: separate, or built into your computer. (high definition best).
A MICROPHONE: separate, or built into your computer (separate best).
HEADPHONES: wired preferred, not Bluetooth.
Internet Midi: this is a program that connects our two computers together, so that the sound of what I play on my keyboard comes immediately, directly, and without any latency, through your speakers, or through your keyboard.
If you happen to have an electric keyboard this program will re-create the experience of me, playing your keyboard in your room, and you singing along to live music.
If you don’t have an electric keyboard, then the sound will simply come through your speakers in the same way.
Get Internet Midi here -> http://timewarptech.com/shop/music-software-apps/software/internet-midi/
My Studio is fully equipped with:
- High Definition Video Camera
- Professional grade dynamic microphone and Audio Interface
- Professional grade headset for optimum clarity
- Digital and acoustic piano
It’s easy to connect:
- Zoom – for video
- Cleanfeed.net – for high Fidelity, low-latency, audio transmission, and recording.
- Internet Midi – for the transmission of piano sound from one computer to the other seamlessly, without latency.
- Headphones: to close the audio signal, making it a one-way transmission for each of us, reducing latency. (if you computer doesn’t hear my voice and my computer doesn’t hear your voice, it all goes much faster.)
WITHOUT A DOUBT, YOU CAN DO THIS.
Yes, David may be coming to a city near you!
…an Extraordinary Teacher…
David is an extraordinary teacher with an expansive knowledge of vocal technique, musical styles and the entertainment business. Although he is an invaluable asset to any actor preparing for an audition or a full-fledged production, his greatest contribution is his ability to empower each student with a solid foundation based on proven techniques designed specifically for the individual instrument. For me, he developed a specific resonance strategy, reinforced with daily exercises and challenging musical selections, all of which can be incorporated into my audition repertoire, targeted directly to my unique vocal instrument. As a result, in less than seven months of study, I booked my first Equity lead role in a musical: Proteus in Two Gentlemen of Verona. When rehearsals began, I felt free and confident with my voice and was completely able to meet every single musical challenge that presented itself. In addition to his expertise, he is patient, kind and absolutely committed; all the makings of an exceptional teacher. I cannot recommend him more.
– Noel Velez –
Studio Policies & FAQs
What should I bring to my first lesson?
- Please read this entire page and then fill out and submit the Client Intake Form below, prior to attending your first lesson.
- Please come to your appointment in comfortable, full range of motion clothing. If necessary you may bring a change of clothing with you to change into. No binding or tight clothing please.
- Please bring an audio recording device – recent smart phones are suitable for this purpose.
- Bring sheet music for the song(s) you wish to work on.
- Head-shot and resume, if available.
- Please walk in with a “ready to learn” attitude. And please don’t be nervous. We are here to help YOU!
If you already have a regularly scheduled lesson, your makeup class is the second session in any given week. If you come to class every other week, your make up session can be on your “off” week, or an addition lesson in your “on” week.
If a make-up class cannot be scheduled within two week for an appointment cancelled without 48 hours notice, the student must be responsible for the entire fee.
Physical Touch Policy
During the course of study I may need to touch you at various points on the body (including and not limited to, upper and lower abdomen, upper and lower back, pelvis, head, neck, and torso.) I will always endeavor to ask your verbal permission beforehand. Additionally, please indicate your acceptance of this policy while filling out your New Client Intake Form